Saturday, April 02, 2005

1 Calorie, 2 Calories, 3 Cal…

I went walking through the neighborhood early this morning. I thought I’d burn off a calorie or two with a power walk. But it turned out to be a beautiful, aesthetic, refreshing, leisurely, nurturing walk along pretty streets, past well-groomed lawns (which are greening up, by the way), through a mini-forest, across a creek… Wish you were here.

It was definitely a spring morning. Bright sunshine; no wind; moderate temperatures. Even the children were out on their bikes. I saw a cardinal; some robins and even a teenager. Whoever heard of a teenager out of bed early on a Saturday morning? I got some pleasant thinking done.

This walk today was one of the great hours of my life. I don’t know why. Maybe it was the all the conditions of the time and place. Maybe it was me. I guess all the forces of the universe came together in this one moment to really bless me good. I could have walked on and on.

Two things would have made it better: a horse under me and my wife along side me.

"...for his mercies never fail...They are new every morning." Lamentations 3:22,23

It looks like I used up my allotment of punctuation marks for this week, eh?

No comments: