Saturday, June 25, 2005

Upheaved and Upheaval


My life took a sudden and wicked right turn recently. To put it the way they put it: “…the requirements of the contract have changed.”

To put it bluntly, “You’re fired!”

I got a severance check that was good for a couple of weeks. Wonderfully, in these past two weeks out of work we had more income than the last two weeks I was at work. Isn't that awesome!

The Lord taketh away; the Lord giveth. (“Psst! Paul. It's me, Jesus. I will never leave you or forsake you. Pass it on.”)

My First Wife and I accepted a position in A Busy City that will pay us more money than we’ve ever earned before by more than $18K a year. That’s a significant increase. It’s a good thing, too, because I’ve been unemployed for the last month.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

So I’m going to stop blogging for a week or so. I hope I don’t shake too much from withdrawals, but we have some serious packing, moving, resettling to do. After that we will live happily ever after.

I haven’t forgotten to write a “brief, but entertaining sketch” of fictional characters. I couldn’t devote the time necessary, but I will return. In the meantime, peek here.

And oh, yes! Have a beautiful Fourth of July Weekend.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: