Saturday, August 05, 2006

Adventures in Pain

In my lifetime, I fell out of a tree onto a picket fence.
Result: "Auuaghnn! Ow!?!" and 18 stitches in my back. I ruined my brand new blue T-shirt, too.

I was in the on deck circle when I got hit in the face with a 100 mph line drive foul ball.
Result: You should have seen the blood! “Hoark!” My first bloody nose. My second bloody shirt.

I was attacked by “…the meanest swarm of bees I ever seen,” my dad said.
Result: 23 stings on my face, neck and scalp.

I smashed my thumb with the claw end of a claw hammer.
Result: "Holy #@%!$!&!" A tetanus shot, four stitches and a bandage the size of a tennis ball.

Fifteen years ago my face, neck, chest, stomach and arms were burned with flaming, screaming-hot liquid grease.
Result: There’s no pain like a burn. I still well up with tears when I remember all that…

A Frozen Shoulder. “What is this!? I can’t move my arm! I can’t even button my shirt!”
Result: Three times a week painful physical therapy for14 weeks.


So, when it comes to hurting, I figure I'm kinda tough.

I never pulled a hamstring, though. Until the other day, that is.
Result: I want my mommy!


My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.—Psalm 73:26

No comments: