Last night (Saturday), My First Wife and I sat down to the best Cobb Salad dinner I ever ate. And we were full and fully satisfied when we finished. What a world class meal!
- All Romaine lettuce.
- Golden fried chicken breasts, perfectly done, and sliced when warm (not hot).
- Chopped boiled eggs.
- Chopped parsley.
- Real bacon bits, cooked and crumbled before our very eyes.
- Diced tomatoes (seeded) and diced cucumbers (also seeded).
- Diced red bell pepper.
- Corn kernels, cooked and cooled first.
- Julienne strips of baby carrots—and of Jicama(!)
- Diced white onion; thin red onion rings.
- On the side, choice of crumbled bleu cheese, mixed shredded Mexican cheeses or tart American cheddar (sliced).
- Choice of dressings: Brianna’s Home Style Vinaigrette, creamy bleu cheese, or Ceasar (with red pepper flakes).
You’re probably wondering, “What about the avocado?” Well, after I assembled all the ingredients I discovered that we didn’t have an avocado and it was too cold to go get one. I’ll put it in next time. But even without the avocado, It was still a magnificent salad, beautifully presented.
Now, this was just a practice run. In about two weeks, I’m going to prepare it again for some friends—and I want you to come and share it, too! I promise a great dinner.