Monday, March 19, 2007

The Joy of Ecstasy

Yee-haw! What a dinner we had tonight! Chicken and asparagus. Ah, but that’s not all…

Pound the chicken breast to about 1/4 inch or thinner.

Lay four to six fresh asparagus (asparagi ?) on one half of your chicken breast; then fold it over. Use toothpicks to hold the edges together. Bread it all with rice flour. Remember to add salt and cracked pepper to the flour. We use rice flour for a more golden color. It’s okay if the asparagus ends get coated, too.

Fry the whole caboodle in canola oil on medium high heat (that’s right). About 6-7 minutes on each side, plus an extra turn for just a minute. (Bake it if you want, but it’s not as yummy.)

While your chicken fries on the second side, make the Hollandaise sauce. I almost always use a package of Knorr’s Hollandaise Sauce® mix. It’s simply the best. Follow the instructions on the package and watch it. It fixes fast. Knorr’s instructions say to use water or milk. But tonight, because My First Wife can’t have dairy products anymore, I used 1/4 cup water and 3/4 cup of Unsweetened Vanilla-flavored Soy Milk.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I set the beautiful golden-fried chicken and asparagus on a pile of brown rice and topped it all with my new soy-Hollandaise sauce. Took a bite... Yes! Oh, my goodness! Yes! What a fantastic Hollandaise sauce I’ve discovered! You’ve got to try this. I’m serious and I mean it, too. Soy milk, of all things!

“This is the best dinner I’ve had in ages, honey,” she said while she wolfed it down. "Oh, honey, this is really good!" My First Wife has called a couple of sisters and a friend or two, too. She keeps referring to me as “My Wonderful Husband…”

It was the dinner that was wonderful. Dessert is yet to come.

No comments: