Praise the Lord! We had a major break in the temperature around Pancake Flats. Today was twenty-five degrees cooler than yesterday’s low. Whew-eee! I know it’s still hot in some places of the country and we’re all praying for you, but I tell you it’s a wonderful thing when relief finds its way here. July and August were hot, I tell you. How hot was it?
- "What if I get knocked down and end up on the pavement? Will I cook to death?"
- The birds used potholders to pull worms out of the ground.
- The trees whistled for the dogs.
- The best parking places were determined by shade, not distance.
- We steered our car with just two fingers.
- Hot water came out of both taps.
- The temperature dropped to 90 degrees and we felt a little chilly.
- The potatoes baked in the ground, so all we had to do is pull one out and add butter, salt and pepper.
- Chickens laid hard boiled eggs.
- The corn popped right off the stalk. The cows saw it all coming down, thought it was snow and stood there till they froze to death.
It was hot!