Wednesday, September 05, 2007

The Joy of Relief

Praise the Lord! We had a major break in the temperature around Pancake Flats. Today was twenty-five degrees cooler than yesterday’s low. Whew-eee! I know it’s still hot in some places of the country and we’re all praying for you, but I tell you it’s a wonderful thing when relief finds its way here. July and August were hot, I tell you. How hot was it?

  • "What if I get knocked down and end up on the pavement? Will I cook to death?"
  • The birds used potholders to pull worms out of the ground.
  • The trees whistled for the dogs.
  • The best parking places were determined by shade, not distance.
  • We steered our car with just two fingers.
  • Hot water came out of both taps.
  • The temperature dropped to 90 degrees and we felt a little chilly.
  • The potatoes baked in the ground, so all we had to do is pull one out and add butter, salt and pepper.
  • Chickens laid hard boiled eggs.
  • The corn popped right off the stalk. The cows saw it all coming down, thought it was snow and stood there till they froze to death.

It was hot!

For something a little more refreshing, visit my Hats blog.