- I’ve only bought one brand new vehicle, my 1993 Ford Ranger—and I still drive it. It only has 150,000 miles on it. Pretty good, huh?
- I recently gave My First Wife her second set of wedding rings. (Read about it here.)
- My First Wife and I have three kids.
- I have four blogs.
- I’m thinking about opening a fifth. I mean a fifth blog with nothing but photos.
- I can carry six small wine glasses in one hand. I can carry 16 in one hand if they’re empty.
- At least seven trains a day go past our office windows. Each one has 150 cars of coal, pulled by two engines and pushed by one.
- At work, I usually park in the 8th parking place. Eight is the number for “new beginnings,” and His mercies are new, beginning every morning.
- Here are nine famous people that I served when I was in the restaurant business. There are a few others, but I’m stopping at nine.
- Mickey Mantle (often enough to become friends with him)*
- Zig Ziglar, motivational speaker (he always addressed me by my first name)**
- Tom Landry; Dallas Cowboys coach
- Mary Kay Ashe; founder of Mary Kay Cosmetics**
- Jinger Heath; founder of BeautiControl Cosmetics (she helped me heal when I got burned)**
- Sen. John Tower; R–Tex
- Brooks Robinson; Hall of Fame 3rd Baseman
- Van Cliburn; world’s greatest pianist
- Roger Staubach; Hall of Fame quarterback
* Many, many times. ** More than once.
And if you wanna be tagged, jump right in. You probably know what to do.