Saturday, June 10, 2006

Adventures with Numbers

I don’t know about you, but I’ve had it up to here with SiteMeter. I’m going to leave my stats counter in place, of course, but as a visitor counter, it leaves a lot to be desired.

I will say that I’m real popular at Google and MSN. Those folks stop by all the time. As a matter of fact, I recently opened my Sitemeter manager page to find the whole page was a list of Google inquiries, with a guest peek from Yahoo! It’s probably going to get worse, now that I’ve included the “G” word.

So if you’re keeping score at home, don’t take my counter seriously. It’s only there to prove that you can take numbers and make them dance any way you want.

If you ever discover you’re my one millionth visitor, don’t expect any balloons or anything. You’re probably only the twelfth.

But thanks for stopping by, anyway. I enjoy your visits.

No comments: