Monday, April 09, 2007

Where Has The Magic Gone?

Like all active little kids, ours got their fair share of boo-boos. Well, to get them up and running again, Daddy (me) always said, “Here, let me kiss it and make it all better.” Fifteen seconds later, the wounded one was rippin’ and tearin’ as hard as ever. Daddy’s kisses never failed.

Well, Our Oldest Daughter has spent the last six days in the hospital with a vicious migraine headache that started last Monday. It’s a first for her. To add insult to injury, their family missed out on all the Easter fun and festivities.

My First Wife and I jumped in to babysit, to run errands, to tidy up their house and so forth. Naturally, we spent time in her hospital room. She’s still our little girl. Both times, just before we left, I leaned down to kiss her head to make it all better. But nothing happened. Why not? I don't get it.

It used to be so simple. Does anyone know where the magic went?

If you are so inclined, please pray for Our Oldest Daughter.

No comments: