Thursday, February 07, 2008

Department of Lists

There’s a new meme making the rounds. It’s apparently patterned after the movie, Bucket List, and I was tagged by one of my favorite bloggers, Tracey at Mustang Diaries. I swore off memes many months ago, but I’m going to make an exception this time. I’m not planning to leave this world anytime soon, so there’s plenty of time for me to accomplish these things before I kick the bucket.

  1. I’m planning to walk across the United States. I’m currently considering three routes. 1) From Delaware to San Francisco, right through the heart of America. 2) On Old US Highway 80 from Tybee Island, Georgia to San Diego. 3) A combination of both, from Delaware to Western Kansas; then south to El Paso and on to San Diego. If I complete this, I will be the oldest known person to do so.
  2. I want to watch a baseball game in every major league ball park, watch a game in Yankee Stadium before it gets torn down, and go to a World Series game. I know, I know: this is three things, but they’re all in one category.
  3. Publish a couple of books. Maybe one of my trek across the country. Oh, and my book of short stories, We Found the Vacuum Cleaner.
  4. Return to Southern Arizona and play around among my roots. I really, really miss the desert.
  5. Yo quiero mejorar mi español.
  6. Learn to decorate cakes. Wanna bite?
  7. Visit the Aztec and Montezuma ruins in Mexico. There I will dream.
  8. Write and produce another play. I think a story about Rahab, from the old city of Jericho, is a good idea.
  9. Dance all night. Once. Just once.
  10. Participate in the Rapture with My First Wife.

So. What’s on your Bucket List, Ralph? Cliff? Jennie (in New Jersey)? Sarah and Cara (welcome back).

No comments: