Normally, blog editorials from Station WFTH are not controversial. This one is—if you’re a Michael Savage fan. My First Wife and I occasionally listened to his radio program—if it was convenient. But no more after his awful, brutal, insensitive, uneducated, biased, unnecessary, foolish, holier-than-thou, arrogant, hateful remarks he made about children with Autism recently. Children, of all people!
We sent a letter to two execs at The Big City radio station that carries his program. We ain’t a’listening any more, and asked that station to dump his program. We’re writing to his advertisers, too.
In Mississippi, seven radio stations booted him, saying “Michael Savage’s comments about autistic children were beyond inexcusable and are unacceptable.” They got that right. AFLAC insurance left him sitting in his own goo, too. The executive director of Autism United called his remarks “reprehensible.” And they are.
In his bigoted remarks he claimed that his father told him not to act like a fool. Right there’s a lesson he apparently never learned. I suggest that he owes hundreds of thousands of people an apology. Here are just a few.
- There are a brazillion autistic children who have mommies and daddies, brothers and sisters who love them and care about them. Each one has a name and a personality etched in the hearts of their families and their communities.
- Our seven-year-old grandson has Autism. Joshua isn’t a moron, a putz or an idiot.
- Joshua’s father (our son) is at home with him parenting and guiding with love, discipline and strength. He is not an absent father, nor is he a “…loser or a beaten man.”
- His mother who bore him and who is delivering a wonderful, educated, active young man to a bright and beautiful future.
- All of Joshua’s grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. Because Mr. Savage deliberately insulted our grandson, he deliberately insulted both of our families—yes, all of us.
Mr. Savage claims he’s a conservative. He’s the kind of conservative that bred Adolph Hitler, Kim Jong Il, Pol Pot, Saddam Hussein and a bus load of African henchmen.
Mr. Savage is a Wiener. I say put him out of business.