Wednesday, November 12, 2008

30 Days of Gratitude, Day 12


Today I am grateful for Sound.

I get giddy whenever I hear My First Wife singing, one of my grandkids, any child’s laughter, a wooden bat hitting a baseball, the ocean surf, eight cylinder engines, great preaching, a bird after a storm, my kids’ wisdom, horses’ hooves thundering across a pasture, good jokes, victory celebrations, children playing, white noise…

…It’s a Wonderful World. Mozart, ABBA, Chicago, The Beatles, Scott Joplin, Norah Jones, Selah, the Blues, Andrew Lloyd Weber, Beethoven, The Trans-Siberian Orchestra, good ol’ Rock ‘n’ Roll, The Second Chapter of Acts, John Philip Sousa, Electric Light Orchestra (ELO), Queen, Southern Gospel, Simon and Garfunkel…

…and the sound of silence.

Share your gratitude in the Cuss-Free Zone. And then to read the past 11 posts, click the Label below.

No comments: