Friday, July 31, 2009

Adventures on Positive Day, July 31, 2009


I'm married to a sweet, sweet woman. I’ve only been married to her for 46 years, so I’m still getting to know her. But some things I do know: she’s sincere, pretty as a golden Day Lily and sweeter than my next piece of German Chocolate Cake. She brought music to our marriage; she keeps truth on the doorposts; she’s dependable to family and friend. She loves the poor; sympathetic to the abused and confused; helpful to the helpless. She’s patient with me; dedicated to me; an encouragement to me; and a patient supporter of some of my whacky ideas and actions. And believe me, I can get creatively whacky.

Most of all, she brought the three greatest kids I know into this world and the world is a better place because of them. And like Mother, like Children, they brought forth nine of the best-looking and highly-talented grandkids you ever saw.

One of the great traditions to develop from our short marriage is Christian principles and life-style. My First Wife is more responsible for that than all the rest of us put together. When she gets to heaven there will be a big crown waiting for her. You know what she just said to me? "Obedience [to God] matters
more to me than anything else." It don't get any better than that.

Please don’t tell the IRS about our marriage. They might tax me for being so wildly rich from My First Wife's blessings.

Thanks to Diva Daughter for beginning this new holiday, “Positive Day.” You’ve done a good thing.

No comments: