I don’t usually do these kinda things, but because she didn’t know my rules I’m gonna go ahead and participate. This is my only meme for 2009-2010. La Fraulein Senorita de San Francisco y Barcelona (how’s that for a title?) is looking for seven things folks don’t know about me. I like her blog, which is earthy and honest; sometimes silly, always frank and really entertaining. She jumps out of airplanes. She’s on my bucket list of people I’d like to meet.
Well, I betcha didn’t know these things about me. Don’t feel bad, I just found out about them myself.
- My First Wife and I really, really enjoy Middle Eastern and Persian restaurants. Varied food there, and lamb is cooked/served in a great number of delicious ways. Soups are outta this world! Wanna join us next time?
- When I was in the restaurant business I once served David Pogue and his wife. In fact, I gladly paid for their meals. He wrote one of the first (and still the best-selling) “…Dummies” books, Mac for Dummies. He autographed my copy. My First Wife came down to the restaurant to meet him, too. After their meal, we gave them a ride back to their hotel and visited there for a couple of more hours. What a night.
- I almost always take a Sunday afternoon nap. I always have. Our whole family always has. You cannot be a Nichols if you don’t. Exception: My First Wife has rarely taken a Sunday afternoon nap.
- Friday night, My First Wife and I had a date night. We went in my pickup. First we went to Lowe’s to look at shelving and toilet seats and stuff like that. Then we stopped by the Quik Trip for coffee to go. I held the door for her.
- During our marriage, My First Wife and I have moved around the country several times. Therefore, we have been church members in several different Protestant denominations. Our favorite denomination? The Four-Square Gospel.
- My First Wife and I have lived in seven states: Georgia, Arizona, Oregon, Washington, Texas, Missouri, Kansas. Not necessarily in that order. Oh, our kids were with us in most of those states.We currently have grandkids in three of those states. Care to guess which ones?
- About five years ago our son was a contestant on Jeopardy. Did you get a chance to see him? He finished second in a close and exciting contest. Did you notice how handsome he is? The question that stumped everybody? "This movie was the first to feature rock 'n' roll music." Stay tuned...