I had an interesting experience this morning; a cause for pause.
Went into the hardware store for something. On the way home with my purchase, I still detected the distinct smell of that store. Ever notice that hardware stores all have the same pleasant aroma? Well, I paused…
It dawned on me that there are a number of aromas, smells, odors that I really like. I tried to think of as many as possible for the list below. They are in no particular order, or “favorite.”
- Bacon frying. (I think this is everybody’s favorite.)
- Leather, hanging in a tack store.
- Inside an abandoned barn. I don’t care how dusty, it still smells so wholesome and earthy.
- Fried chicken.
- Baking bread, cakes, cinnamon rolls, etc.
- Latex paint immediately after I open the can.
- Brewing coffee.
- Inside a tortilla factory.
- A Christmas tree lot.
- New Car Interiors.
- Fresh sawn lumber; the expensiver, the better.
- Most Italian food.
- The ocean, from about 1/4 a mile away.
- Hardware stores.
- Dirt, after a desert rain…
So. What are five (5) of your favorite aromas? Some can be the same as mine. It's okay.