Monday, April 16, 2007

The Black Day in Blacksburg

Not long ago, I saw a bumper sticker that said, “Where are we going, and why are we in this hand basket?”

That was my first thought when I heard about the black tragedy at Virginia Tech this morning. There are no words for such events as this.

We have no family or friends in Virginia. But that doesn’t matter. All God’s children need pray for all the others. If you have friends or relatives who were immediately affected by this black satanic insanity, our hearts, thoughts and prayers go out for you and yours.

My First Wife and I still admire those Amish people, who recently lost some elementary children in a similar one-way shootout. They rallied around the victims’ families with prayer and provisions. They also forgave the shooter, attended his funeral and showered his family with grace.

Perhaps next time, if it’s time to go somewhere, we should try a horse-drawn black buggy.

No comments: