- First, you are unique; just like everybody else.
- You share your birthday with about nine million other people.
- 232582657-1 is the largest known Prime Number. It has 9,808,358 digits. What’s a Prime Number? It’s a number than can only be divided by 1 and by itself. There are several computers around the world whizzing away looking for the next Prime Number. The answer is expected in about eight to ten years.
- If you drive, then you spend 11 months of your life waiting at red lights.
- Former New York City Mayor, Fiorello LaGuardia, grew up in
. He was a champion and defender of abused/neglected children. Prescott, Arizona
- “Happy Birthday to You” is the most popular song in the history of the world.
, the four best-known western names are Jesus Christ, Richard Nixon, Elvis Presley and George Washington. China
- The Baby Ruth candy bar was named after President Grover Cleveland’s baby daughter, Ruth.
- The shortest verse in the New International Version of the Bible is Job 3:2. The shortest verse in the old King James Version is John 11:35.
- HH is found in withhold, bathhouse, beachhead, bushhammer, fishhook, highhanded, hitchhike, roughhouse, washhouse, watchhouse, fleshhood, touchhole, sleuthhound, roughhew and roughhewn. Aarrghh!!!
- Bananas are harvested every day of the year.
- German Chocolate is named after Mr. Sam German, an American, who developed the sweet chocolate baking bar.
- Jesus was not born on Christmas Eve.
- There is no such city as Shawnee Mission, Kansas, but you can send mail there. If the street address or PO box is correct, it will be delivered to its addressee.
- There are 10 human body parts that are only 3 letters long (eye, hip, arm, leg, ear, toe, jaw, rib, lip, gum).
Floridaand are the only two states whose names begin with two consonants. Rhode Island Canadais an Indian word meaning “ .” Big Village
- There are no vowels in the bottom row of a typewriter or computer keyboard.
- Every human spent about half an hour as a single cell. Remember?
- The Five Cs that drive
’s economy are Cotton, Cattle, Citrus, Copper and Climate. Arizona
- Minus 40 degrees Celsius and Minus 40 degrees Fahrenheit are exactly the same.
- Dr. Seuss created the word “nerd” in one of your favorite childhood poems, “If I Ran the Zoo.”
- The botanical name of the chocolate plant is Theobramba Cacao, which means "Food of the Gods."
- The average person makes about 1,100 phone calls a year and spends about two years in a lifetime on the phone. My First Wife is way above average. She spends about two years a month on the phone.
- The word "lethologica" means the state of not being able to remember the word you want.
- “Fourteen out of ten people love chocolate.”— Sandra Boynton