Saturday, August 09, 2008

Employment Department

Last February 22 was my last day at work. Sixty people were laid off right after New Years, but I got to stay on for seven more weeks. Then, thud! Don’t ask; it’s a long brutal story.

I have been unemployed for five and a half months. The long brutal wait is over.

On Monday, August 11, I begin new employment as a Technical Writer. All I can say is “Praise the Lord.” He is good. He let us drain our savings account, but always watched to make sure we never exceeded anything. Our bills are current. Our insurances are up to date. We never went without meals or gasoline. No bill collectors called. We had opportunities to donate our time and some of our resources. We had family, friends and other folks standing ever close to encourage us and pray for us. Yes, He is good.

My First Wife and I are blessed people. I’m looking forward to getting back to work. She's looking forward to it, too.

No comments: