Friday, March 12, 2010

Fourth Time is the Charm


Thursday afternoon My First Wife and I attended a funeral of a pretty good buddy from our church. The place was packed; all seats taken and extra chairs brought in.

After that we hurried to another state to participate in Grandparent’s Day at our grandkids’ elementary school. The featured entertainment was in the “all-purpose” room where the music students outdid themselves. The room was packed; SRO.

At both places we heard this four times. Pointing to a chair: “Is anyone sitting here?”

After the fourth time, I stood up, stared hard at the chair and said, “I don’t see anyone.”


Bonus:
At church when someone asks, “Is this seat saved?” we often answer, “No, but it’s under conviction.”

8 comments:

Ralph said...

Paul
The story is good but the bonus statement is absolutely great!
Ralph

Joy Des Jardins said...

You are a nut Paul...that's very funny. I can just see you...

Rachel said...

Haha!! I loved the bonus statement too!! I'll have to remember that one!

Sarah said...

hehe Paul

Mountain Mama said...

You have quite a sense of humor!!

Ileana said...

Ha! I want to sit next to you at church, Pablito!! :)

PS - Love the bonus line!

carmilevy said...

Every congregation needs someone like you...I suspect attendance would go up if that were the case.

Thanks for the smile, Paul. Needed it tonight!

Monique said...

Ha ha! I too love that bonus line!