Monday, March 15, 2010

Two Irish Women


Two women sat next to each other at a bar. After a while one looked at the other and said, “I can’t help but think, from listening to your accent, that you’re from Ireland. Would that be true, ma’am?”

The other woman responded proudly, “Why yes. I sure am!”

The first lady said, “So am I! And where abouts in Ireland are ya from?”

The other woman answered, “I’m from St. John’s, I am.”

The first one responded, “So am I! And what street did you live on?”

The other woman said dreamily, “A lovely little area. I lived on Warbury Street in the old central part of town.”

The first one said, “My Faith! and it’s a small world. So did I! So did I! And what school did ya go to, if ya don't mind me askin'?”

The other woman answered, “Well now, I went to Holy Heart of Mary, of course.”

The first one got really excited and said, “And so did I! Tell me, what year did you graduate?”

The other woman answered, “I graduated in 1964, I did. With honors.”

The first woman exclaimed, “Oh, St. Patrick is prayin' for us and the Good Lord is smiling down upon us! I can hardly believe our good luck at winding up in this same pub tonight! Can you believe it? I graduated from Holy Heart of Mary in 1964 meself! And with honors, too!”

About then, Michael walked into the bar, sat down and ordered a pint of beer.

Brian, the bartender, hurried over and whispered to Michael, “Good ta see ya, Mike. Here’s your pint. I’m afraid it’ll be another long night tonight.”

Michael asked, “Why do you say that, Brian?”

“It's them O’Malley twins. They’re drunk again!”

7 comments:

cassie-b said...

Funny!! Thanks

Unknown said...

Oh my! Good for St Patties day!

Jennie said...

Oh ya made me laugh aloud, ya did.
My favorite bar joke (before that one) was the one where a preacher, a rabbi and a priest walk into a bar and the bartender says, "What? Is this some sort of joke?"
teeee

pencat

Ralph said...

Good one, Paul
Ralph

Ileana said...

Hilarious! What a great St. Patty's joke! :)

Mom said...

An Irish Blessing... May you always have... Walls for the winds... A roof for the rain... Tea beside the fire... Laughter to cheer you... Those you love near you... And all your heart might desire.

srp said...

Paul, you are so bad... in a good way. Great joke!